|GWYNEDD WELSH PONY & COB BREEDERS ASSOCIATION
1. NAME: The Association shall be named the 'Gwynedd Welsh Pony and Cob Breeders Association'.
2. OBJECTIVES: To encourage, promote and improve all sections of the Welsh Breeds.
3. MEMBERSHIP: The Association shall consist of the Officers and the Members. Membership of the Association is open to anyone who is interested in Welsh Ponies an Cobs and their Part Breds. In accepting Membership, a person agrees to abide by the constitution of the Association.
3a HONORARY MEMBERSHIP: To be accepted as an Honorary Member of the Association a member must have been a member of the Association for 20 years.
4. MEMBERSHIP FEES/SUBSCRIPTION: £15.00 per household (amended from £10.00 to £15.00 AGM2008) or any sum determined by the executive committee appointed by the AGM, 12 months advance notice shall be given in the event of any change. Subscriptons shall be due and paid annually on the 1st January and certainly no later than 31st March (by banker's order if possible). No correspondence such as circulars and newsletters etc, will be issued unless full subscription is to hand by the said date (31st March). New members may be enrolled ant any time throughout the year.
5. EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE: The executive committee will consist of seven members from Anglesey and seven from Caernarfonshire, (defined by local authority boundaries 1974), and additionally a Chairperson, Treasurer, Secretary, Show Secretary and any other necessary offical(s) as required. Should any member of the executive committee be absent from three consecutive meetings without a genuine and acceptable reason he/she will forfeit his/her place on the said committee. A executive committee attendance register will be diligently recorded.. A quorum of five members is essential and obligatory to operate the executive committee. The Chairperson shall be elected for a period of 2 years and must be recruited from amongst members of the executive committee.
The retiring Chairperson will remain a member of the executive committee for a further two (2) years.
No two (2) persons from the same household to serve as officials on the committee.
All records of the Association shall be retained by the appropriate officer for a period not less than 3 years, (Financial accounts - 6 years).
6. EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEMBERS: To be elected over a period of two years with Association members present at the AGM, reserving the right to re-elect them should the so wish. Should there be more names forward than an election by 'secret ballot' will be conducted at the AGM. All nominees for a seat on the Executive Committee must be present at the AGM for the nomination to be accepted. The Secretary will notify members of the executive committee of the forthcoming meetings by letter or telephone.
7. FINANCE: All monies raised by, or on behalf of the Association shall be applied to further the object of the Association at the discretion of the Executive Committee. The Association Treasurer is responsible for the finances of the Association:-
All Bank statements to be produced monthly for the benefit of the committee members.
All cash received must be counted by two persons and a signed receipt produced and stored for 6 years by the Treasurer.
All cheques and monies received must be banked on a timely basis.
Proper accounts shall be kept of all sums of money received and paid out by the Association.
The Treasurer to prepare a statement of account for the year ended 30th September (amended from 31st December to 30 September - AGM 2008), every year and these accounts, duly accredited by a qualified person/Accountant to be produced at the ensuing AGM.
The funds of the Association shall be lodged at a bank in an account in the name of the Association and all cheques, drafts etc.. drawn on these accounts shall be signed by two officers duly approved by the committee.
8. ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING:
a) The AGM is to be held in January at a venue duly determined by the executive committee.
b) The Secretary to notify members, by letter at least ten working daays before the AGM.
c) No business will be transacted at the AGM unless there is a quorum of 33% of members present.
d) Any proposals or grievances appertaining to the AGM must be submitted to the Secretary at least 14 days before the meeting
e) No other business other than those on the AGM Agenda will be discussed at the meeting.
9. EXTRAORDINARY GENERAL MEETING: An EGM can be convened by the Chairperson or upon a request duly signed by at least ten members of the Association. However, at least seven days written notice must be given together with reason why the meeting has been requested. A quorum of 33% of members must be present and the Chairperson or Vice-Chairperson is to preside over the meeting.
10. VOTING PROCEDURES: EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE - Every question at a meeting of the committee shall be determined by a majority of the vote of the members present and voting, every member having one vote, The Chair, Treasurer, Secretary, Show Secretary shall have no automatic voting rights at committee meetings.
10a VOTING PROCEDURES: ANNUAL GENERAL MEETINGS - One member of the household shall be entitled to vote at general meetings of the Association ( Membership is £15.00 per household).
11. DISCIPLINE PROCEDURES: The executive committee shall have the power to take appropriate disciplinary action against any member, and shall have the authority to terminate the membership of any member guilty of conduct deemed to be to the detriment of the Association.
The Executive Committee shall appoint a disciplinary panel of no more than 5 members to determine the issue and sanction its decision in this matter.
Any appeal against the disciplinary committee's decision shall be to the full executive committee by way of written notice to the Secretary within 14 days of the original decision.
12. DISSOLUTION PROCEDURES: In the event of the Association ceasing to exist and following the discharge of all debts and liabilities, the following shall be implemented:-
No member shall obtain any asset from the Association.
The Association may be wound up on a resolution of the Members, passed by a two thirds majority at a special meeting convened for that purpose upon the request of at least 10 members of the Association. At least 15 days notice of the meeting shall have been sent to all members of the Association.
In the event of the passing of the resolution to wind up the Association, the Committee shall be empowered to make sure that the entire assets of the Association be held in trust in a bank account until such time that the Association is re-established.
13. AMENDMENTS TO THE RULES: This constititutuion may be amended by 2/3 majority of members an any AGM or EGM, with not less than 10 working days notice to all current members.
14. INDEMNITY: The Association shall indemnify all the executive committee members in respect of any activity carried out in the course of their duties as members of the committee and in furtherance of the aims and objectives of the Association.
15. REVIEW OF THE CONSTITUTION: This constitution shall be reviewed on a three (3) yearly basis.
Amendments to the constitution shall only be agreed at the AGM.
Additions to, or alterations of the constitution shall be submitted to the Secretary not less than twenty one (21) days before the date of the AGM or with a request for a special meeting of the Association members.
No resolution involving an amendment to the constitution may be proposed from the floor of the meeting.
In the event for a proposal for amending the constitution being submitted, the Secretary shall inform the membership of the proposed motion not less than 10 days before the AGM.
Any alteration to the constitution shall require a two-thirds majority of the members present and voting.
16. MANAGEMENT: The policy and management of the affairs of the Association shall be vested in the executive committee which may exercise all such powers of the Association as are not y this Constitution required to be exercised by a General Meeting of the Association.
| ||If you have any feedback on how we can make our new website better please do contact us. We would like to hear from you.|| ||